With the new year and colder weather approaching, it is time to think about Summer Camp (of course). A few key details:
When: June 30-July 6, 2019
Where: Cole Canoe Base, Alger, MI
Attached is the information we discussed in our last troop meeting. Key highlights:
- 110 different merit badges, including 15 Eagle-required
- Patrol cooking at camp
- Camp-level activities, including BeastFeast cooking contest between troops (learn more at https://scoutingmagazine.org/2015/08/how-michigans-cole-canoe-base-cooks...)
- First payment will be due at Feb 6 Troop meeting ($125)
What to do now:
- Health forms: Health forms, including Part C. These are valid for 1 year after signature. If you have been to a doctor for a check-up in the last year, you can get those signed now by your doctor and be set for Summer Camp (without needing another visit)
- Intent to attend: We need high-level numbers for summer camp. A blog will be coming out with a Sign-up Genius. Please respond, even if you are not planning on attending summer camp. It is important for us to be able to secure a campsite of proper size.
Please contact me with any questions.